Porcelain Veneers Can Help Restore Your Smile
At Cusp Dentistry, nothing makes us happier than restoring smiles. According to the American Association of Orthodontists (AOA), more than one-third of Americans are unhappy with their smile. Why walk around with a smile that makes you feel uncomfortable? Porcelain veneers are a simple, cosmetic dentistry procedure that can help give you back your smile.
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell of porcelain that covers the surface or visible part of the tooth. It has the ability to correct the color, shape and size of a tooth, as well as spacing or alignment issues. Veneers offer multiple benefits:
● Covers chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth
● Lengthens a short tooth
● Corrects a crooked or irregularly shaped tooth, or pointed/sharp tooth
● Very durable, stain-resistant
Whether you need one or multiple veneers (usually on the front teeth or those visible when smiling), Cusp Dentistry can help customize a natural, picture-perfect smile.
It’s easy! Tooth preparation is generally easier than patients imagined. A small amount - usually less than half a millimeter - is filed off the surface of the tooth. An impression is then taken in order to create a mold, which will be used to create the customized veneer. The veneer is then bonded to the tooth.
Still unsure of how you will look? We offer digital smile designs so you can see what the final product will look like prior to starting.
Take advantage of this minimally invasive dental procedure. With a short recovery time, you will be able to resume eating and drinking. However, we do have some recommendations to maintain and increase the veneer lifespan:
● Wear a mouthguard when playing sports.
● Do not open bottles/packages with your teeth.
● Avoid chewing very hard foods, such as nuts with your veneers - use back teeth.
● If you grind your teeth at night, use a retainer.
● Floss, brush and clean veneers the same way you care for all your teeth.
● Maintain regular cleanings and exams to protect your natural teeth and assure that your veneers last for many years.
Have questions? Want to learn more? Please call (310) 826-6535 and schedule an appointment today. Your smile awaits!
“What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.” - Joseph Addison